THE NORTH LEICESTERSHIRE ASSOCIATION OF NATIONAL TRUST MEMBERS AND VOLUNTEERS (“the Association”) and the EU GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION 2018 (“EU GDPR”)
The EU GDPR comes into force in May 2018 during the forthcoming Association Year and applies, inter alia, to NLNTA and all other similar Associations and other entities.
There is a requirement for the Association to explain clearly and explicitly to its Members why the Association collects Personal data and how it intends to use it.
The Association collects the following personal data from its Members in order enable the Association to function efficiently and provide the events and meetings at an acceptable cost to its Members namely:
3. Telephone numbers
4. Email addresses
5. Declaration that he/she/they are Members of the National Trust
The personal data are used for the following purposes namely:
1. Membership recording
2. Membership renewals
3. Membership queries
4. Payment queries
5. Bank queries (e.g. returned cheques)
7. Booking queries
8. Booking cancellations
9. Urgent communications
It is to be noted that:
1. Members have the right to withdraw their consent at any time.(i.e. all their data must be immediately and permanently removed/deleted from the Association’s records.)
2. All the requirements to provide Members with access to their information (Subject Access Request ) and the need to keep data safe and accurate still remain in force as before.
3. We do not share your personal information with anyone outside the Association or any other body, including the National Trust itself.